We are so happy that you are planning to get married. It is a very exciting and sometimes rather busy time and we are pleased to be a part of making your day special and helping you to make the rest of your life together special, rewarding and life giving for you and your family.
Please read the following sections below:
- The Bare Facts
- Relevant Fees
- Our Venues
Once you have read this information we would love to hear from you to help you to plan and if you have any further questions.
Please ring Reverend Jo on 0490 831 299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Bare Facts
- We are happy to marry you whether you have been married before or are currently living together.
- We need a minimum of one calendar month plus a day to prepare the paperwork for the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- We are happy to marry you in one of our three churches or a venue of your choice. If not in the church then we must ask permission from the Bishop of Gippsland who says ‘yes’ in all but the very rarest of cases.
- We must use the words from the Anglican Marriage Service. There are lots of choices in the service and we are happy for you to add other readings and additional vows if you so choose.
- We usually arrange three meetings in preparation for the wedding.
- We do not expect you to take marriage preparation classes.
- Our aim is to give you opportunities to think about and enjoy your engagement while planning for both your wedding and your future life together.
- At present we are unable to marry same sex couples.
Fees (subject to change)
The hall is available at very reasonable rates
St Augustine’s, San Remo seats 75
St Paul’s, Bass seats 90
St Philip’s, Cowes, Phillip Island seats 80
If you would rather use your own venue, Rev’d Jo is able to perform weddings just about anywhere. She has performed weddings in backyards, on the beach, in the park, at wineries and in any of our three churches.
We also have a great hall right in the centre of Cowes able to seat up to 90 guests with a fully-equipped commercial kitchen, modern toilets, a portable stage, a room for the bridal party, and plenty of off-street parking.
To start planning your wedding, please contact Rev’d Jo: email@example.com or 0490831299.
Rev’d Jo usually meets with you three times. This is to fill in the required paperwork, to establish what you would like for your wedding day and to help her make your day really special.